5 Ways to run Windows Applications in Linux
As we all know, one of the major concerns for a user switching from a Windows operating system to a Linux distribution is what Windows software will work on Linux as well as how it can be done. Many users stray away from running Windows because of the simple fact that some must needed Windows applications can not perform under Wine. Tristan Rhodes, The Open Source Advocate has a nicely written article describing 5 ways to use Windows applications in Linux.
- Use an open source alternative instead
- Buy a commercial product that was designed for Linux
- Use Wine to run the application in Linux
- Run Windows in a Virtual Machine
- Run the application on a remote Windows system
Click here to find out more details for each method of running Windows applications Linux.
Popularity: 2% [?]
Filed under: Linux
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!