Linux Contest with a $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway – Week 1
One of our goals is to provide Linux administrators and users alike a place to quickly learn and develop their Linux skills. In keeping with this goal we are starting a Linux contest. Every week we will ask a Linux question, introduce a problem, or offer a challenge. Readers who want to participate must post their answer in the comments section corresponding with the question. At the end of four weeks the person who answers the most questions correctly will win a $25 Amazon Gift card.
So, in short, here is how the contest will work:
- One question will be posted every week on the Foogazi homepage (Subscribe to the RSS feed to receive updates whenever we post a new question)
- It is up to YOU to answer the question by posting a comment
- Comments will not be approved until two days after the question is posted to ensure everyone has a fair chance and to prevent copying.
- The best answer submitted to the comments after 2 days will be displayed in the main post and a winner will be declared
- The person who answers the question correctly and most accurately will win that weeks question challenge
- At the end of the four week challenge, the person who has the most questions answered correctly will win a $25 Amazon gift card
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the time it took to post their answers, with the fastest person being declared the winner
- Speed is not as important as the quality of the answer!
The idea is to learn through challenges. So let’s get started!
The questions will start simple and increase in difficulty as the weeks go on.
Question 1 : Week 1
From the command line, how do you disable a user from logging in via FTP?
Post your answers in the comments!
Remember, subscribe to the RSS feed to get notified of the answer as well as the next question!
There have only been a total of 5 submissions since Monday. I am not approving comments until Friday so you still have a chance to submit an answer and win!
If you think you know the answer to the question above, post it in the comments! The answers will be revealed sometime this weekend and Monday we will have a new question!
I’ve approved all of the comments so you can see everyones answers. We didn’t have much of a turn out for week 1, so be sure to pass on the word that we’re running a contest.
The best answer from week 1 was submitted by Ben P and John Stevens.
The answer is:
echo username >> /etc/ftpusers or "username"
Congratulations to Ben and John. Check back this week, or subscribe to the rss feed to get the week 2 question!
Popularity: 3% [?]
Filed under: Linux
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!