Command line tool for the Google services
For most people using Ubuntu Karmic (9.10) or newer, installation should be very simple:
- sudo apt-get install python-gdata
- [download .deb package]
- sudo dpkg -i googlecl*.deb
Here are some example scripts:
- google calendar add "Dinner party with George today at 6pm" # add event to calendar
- google calendar today # List events for today only.
- google calendar list --date 2010-06-01,2010-06-30 # List events.
- google calendar delete --title "Dinner party with George" # Delete an event.
- google contacts add "J. Random Hacker, email@example.com"
- google contacts list name,email --title "J. Random Hacker"
- google contacts delete --title "J. Random Hacker"
The possibilities of GoogleCL are definitely going to expand, and I can already think of some useful ways to incorporate these into some scripts of mine.
Popularity: 2% [?]
Tagged with: google
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!