Do you use Ubuntu and wish to set a static IP for your machine? It’s simple. Follow the steps below to find out how.
- Right click the network manager icon at the top right of your desktop
- Select Edit Connections
- Select Wired
- Click the EDIT button
- Click the IPv4 settings tab
- Select Manual from the method drop down list
- Click the ADD button to add your static IP address
- Add your DNS addresses in the DNS servers field. You can separate each DNS entry with a comma
- Click OK.
- Restart networking using this command: